flickr

www.flickr.com

08 April, 2006

Bad Moon Rising

We were warned about 4 days ago that today at work is going to be bad. Today we are expecting a record number of people to use our airport shuttle, and are bracing for a record number of complaints about lost luggage.

I was scheduled to be at the Help Desk tonight, reading my book and answering the occasional call. But Ginger had a vacation day that didn't quite make it onto our calendar. So now instead of being on the desk, I am the one with the cordless phone who troubleshoots everyone's issues and manager requests. And there's going to be a lot of issues and manager requests!

I told Ginger that every time I get a manager request, I'm going to send her an e-mail saying, "damn you!" Of course, then I'll probably get in trouble with the company's IT people. Instead I plan to copy & paste all of the manager requests as they come in and e-mail them to her one by one. She'll get a good laugh when she comes back tomorrow. And I'll feel a little better about my unfortunate change of position.

No comments: