flickr

www.flickr.com

31 May, 2006

Shopping Spree!

Poor Scott endured a Day-o-Jamie today. Lots and lots of shopping. We set out with two things in mind: white dresses and work clothes. We started at Penney's, and there were quite a nice selection of white dresses... in sizes much smaller than mine. Of course, I expected that. I really figured I'd get some work clothes there. Not so much. I'm trying to limit the amount of synthetic materials in my shirt selection, and almost everything was polyester. I did, however, get a long chocolate brown halter dress and a pair of brown short pants. Both were on the clearance racks. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the dress, but it was half-off and it's so great. I'm thinking dinner on the cruise, or any other semi-dressy occasion. I just need to buy a shrug or a shawl to go with it, because no one needs to see that much of my back!

I also found a pale blue sweater at Old Navy. It's one of those that's low-cut enough that you have to wear something under it. And it has a hood. It's so cute! And did I mention it was on clearance for half-off?

After the mall, we hit the outlets, and I got a pair of black dress pants, a pair of brown dress pants, a short-sleeve purple sweater, a tan camisole with eyelet trim (to go with the Old Navy sweater), and two pairs of shoes. What kind of shoes? I'm so glad you asked! I got a pair of very sensible pumps for work (black, with a 3/4" heel) and a pair of very un-sensible pink fake Converse hi-tops that look SO cute with the jeans I was wearing today. Every girl needs a pair of pink sneakers, right??

All told, I stayed within my budget for the day and got 3 bottoms, 2 tops, a dress, and 2 pairs of shoes for less that "Fabulous John" would pay for one pair of jeans. If only all of my shopping trips were this successful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your shopping trip was successful because Scott was there!

Janette said...

UGH! I hate shopping! Should you need it I have multiple coupons for $10 off at JCPenny. Hate 'em, likely won't use 'em unless Hubby needs shoes.

Did I mention that I hate shopping? Hate, HATE, HATE it....really. I hate it.