flickr

www.flickr.com

28 December, 2006

A Poem

This morning in the shower, this old poem popped into my head. I can't remember all of the real words, so I made some up. Can you spot the new sections?

Monday's Child is fair of face
Tuesday's Child is full of grace
Wednesday's Child is loving and giving
Thursday's Child works hard for a living
Friday's Child is lazy and drunk
Saturday's Child smells like a skunk
And the Child born on the Sabbath Day
is bonnie and bright and good and gay

Personally, I think the kids born early in the week are going to have a much better life than the ones born Thursday-Saturday! And I'm pretty sure there are some hard-core "Christians" out there claiming you can't be good and gay. But that's a debate I shan't stick my toe into, especially since I need to get ready for work anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monday's child is fair of face.
Tuesday's child is full of grace.
Wednesday's child is full of woe.
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving. (that's me)
Saturday's child works hard for a living. (that's you)
But the child that's born on the sabbath day is bonnie and bright and good and gay.

Speaking for hard core Christians everywhere ... hate the sin, love sponge bob!

I'm back! Michael lifted the block that he didn't know was there in the first place.

Woo HOOOOO!

Janette said...

PH, as a Wednesday child I must say I much prefer your version!

Hi Mommy Joy!!! Welcome back to the Interwebs!