flickr

www.flickr.com

13 May, 2007

Aliens in the Pantry

This morning starting around 7:00, Kilo decided he wanted attention and the only way to get said attention would be to continually body slam the door separating us and to howl as loudly as his lungs would allow.

Yes. I had to kill him.

Just kidding. I finally got up to kill him 10 minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off. Lo, their food and water were both empty. (didn't I fill the food before bed? of course! but apparently they were hungry) So I fed and watered them and decided not to kill the cat.

I climbed back into bed and fell asleep for my remaining 8 minutes of "night" and was awakened halfway through my snooze by more body slamming and yowling. This time he got a handful of water in the face and I got in the shower (early).
Even now, he's being really weird. And Milo isn't himself either. So perhaps there's something wicked in the air. Earthquake coming? Hurricane? (speaking of, I'm on the ride-out crew for work - from my area, just my two managers and me and one server signed up) Fire? Flood? Perhaps not.

I finally convinced my citrus snob husband to let me buy some grapefruits from Publix when we went grocery shopping last week. I remembered that this morning, and decided to squeeze myself some juice. So I got the juicer out of the pantry and it is covered in some weird green slime.

At first, I thought maybe we had put it back without washing it and it had grown mold. So I sniffed it. No smell. It's almost like Palmolive, but our dish soap is orange. Maybe there's an alien living in my pantry eating cat food and depositing its waste in my juicer.

At any rate, the juicer is back in the sink. I had to squeeze the grapefruit by hand, which was messy and inefficient. Hopefully the slime will come off and I'll be able to try again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Janette said...

If it were tomato sauce I could tell you exactly where it came from!

Poor kitties, maybe they just needed hugs.