flickr

www.flickr.com

12 May, 2007

The Celebration

This week's interesting project: The Restaurant is going to be closed for one night only in the summer so that we can celebrate our accomplishments. I guess they do this every year - take everyone out for a nice dinner to remind us all that we rock. I'll take that over a poke in the eye any day!

Anyway, immediately after the big announcement, the Chefs told me to find a day where we didn't have any reservations on the books yet so that we could party. Of course, that turned out to be impossible, so the task turned to finding a day where we would be inconveniencing the fewest number of people. And then I got to be the lucky gal to call them all back and tell them that we had to reschedule them. It was only 3 parties, but two were celebrating special occasions that night. They were pretty understanding (no, I didn't tell them why we were closing, and I was prepared to lie through my teeth and say that I had no idea why), and I'm sure they will be well taken care of when they do come in.

I also spent an hour and a half of overtime on Thursday night changing out our wine lists. Of course, all told I think Scott will probably end up with something between 15 and 20 hours of OT this week. He's been late every day this week! Needless to say, I'm looking forward to Tuesday. I hear we have a day off together and no previous engagements.

3 comments:

Janette said...

I think it's funny that they take you out for dinner. I mean of course they have to take you somewhere else so all of you can celebrate but where do you take the staff of the best restaurant in Orlando? And just think of the pressure on the poor restaurant staff of wherever y'all end up at!

Jamie the ParkHopper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie the ParkHopper said...

Last year they went to Roy's. This year it will probably be some place where we can use our company discount. But there's 40 or 50 of us - that's a lot for any restaurant to handle!