flickr

www.flickr.com

30 May, 2007

Eating Tomato

Yes, I have been away from the computer for the past two days enjoying life. No apologies! I thought I'd start with some photos.

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Show what you did with your Memorial Day Weekend. I figure most of you got some pictures in over the last couple of days, yes?

Just a handful, actually. Since I worked through the weekend (and even if I hadn't, I would have avoided the tourist areas and the beaches because I HATE CROWDS) I didn't have anything to photograph until Monday itself when Scott came in from the balcony holding the first tomato!


It looks huge in this picture, doesn't it? Not so. It's actually sitting on the top of a roll of paper towels that's about half-gone. Anyway, those of you who have been following the growth of the tomato plant probably understand how excited Scott was about this. He immediately cut it and ate it.



It tasted much better than you would think from looking at this picture! I actually only had one piece, which I covered with a basil leaf from the balcony herb garden. That was tasty! Now let's hope that the plant survives long enough to provide me with that Caprese salad I've been waiting for!

2 comments:

Janette said...

Congratulations!

I know that seems a little effusive for just a tomato but I have been following the growth of the tomato plant. I know how much you want that salad!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful red tomato!! Enjoy your tomato plant! :)