flickr

www.flickr.com

23 May, 2007

Testing 1..2..


How's this for a weird image? Apparently the folks who make colored contacts really don't want you to have even one pair without paying for it. The solution? Write the word TEST in bold white letters across the lens. Man, if I could get a pair that say JAMIE, I wouldn't have to even wear a name tag anymore!

The sample lenses also have no correction in them, so I could potentially wear both new lenses out of the house, but would still have to wear my glasses. Why bother?


So here's both different lenses, each compared with my real eye color. These pictures were taken in the bathroom, which has much brighter lighting than any place people would actually see me. And you know what? They are supposed to be green! The Acuvue lenses (the top "TEST" picture) make my eyes look like more of an aqua/teal color, and the FreshLook one just isn't the shade I was looking for. The contact lens lady gave me two samples designed to "enhance light eyes." Apparently that's not what I wanted.

I don't think I'll be ordering either of these lenses. I'll probably go back with Scott when he picks up his new glasses and see if they'll give me some other ones to play with. Maybe I'd be happier with a sapphire blue instead. Or perhaps this is just a passing phase and I'll just be happy with my real eye color.

NOTE: yes, I realize my eyebrows/bangs are a complete mess. I tried to crop them out of the pictures as much as possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the prettiest eye color in the world!

That TEST thing though ... that would be a nice head trip to perform at a P.I. some night!

Janette said...

That "TEST" thing is hysterical!!!!!!! They didn't have the obnoxious writing on them when I tried them out years ago. I tried the blue and when it combined with my green I got a funky shade of hazel. The thing is every time I blinked they would shift and the whole world would turn blue for a moment!