flickr

www.flickr.com

05 May, 2007

Cinco de Mayo

Well, my boss made a surprise appearance at the restaurant today. He's still out on medical leave, but he wanted to be there for the big announcement. Which, by the way, is still not a published fact. It won't be "official" for a while yet. But if you were thinking of visiting my workplace based on its rating from a certain American travel company, rest assured you can do so through 2008 (for the 8th year in a row).

Whoopee!!!

They brought the guys from the kitchen, some of the pastry chefs and me in for the servers' pre-meal meeting (well, I was already there - there was cake for someone's last day, and I do like cake!), and all the Chefs and managers were there to bask in the glow of a job well done. In addition to the "big one," we've also gotten a bunch of local accolades (none of which I can find online) that I didn't even know about. And sure, I don't make the food or serve the food or even hang up the coats, but I'm there and I think it's great to be a part of something so great.

...coming soon: a celebration!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cinco de Mayo ....
often compared with the 4th of July in Estados Unitas, it's actually more closely related to the Boston Tea Party. You see, their favorite condiment, prior to the fame and popularity of salsa, was mayonnaise. It was shipped into Mexico from Spain, and was very heavily taxed. So the Mexicans disguised themselves as Indians one night, and climbed aboard the ship and threw all the crates into the Gulf of Mexico. And from then on, it was called Sinko de Mayo!
True Story!

Janette said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations!!!!!

::officially uncrossing fingers and toes now - ow, the cramping ::