flickr

www.flickr.com

22 May, 2007

Tomato - Day 48

On my last tomato-update post, I was very excited about the three tiny green tomatoes on the plant. Imagine my surprise when I went out today and found a whopping TEN tiny green tomatoes on there...









Not only do we have an abundance of potential, we have one phenomenal grower turning a shade that is most definitely NOT green...
It's not quite red yet, but this is definitely a step in the right direction! It's also pretty small, even for a Roma, but the plant is young and I'm really excited about what the next month will hold for this project! **fingers crossed**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Memo to self:
Send fried green tomatoe recipe to the kids.

Janette said...

Yay! Actually your tomato adventures have almost inspired me to buy a grape tomato plant from WalMart. Almost. I haven't yet convinced myself that I can keep the bunnies away from them.