flickr

www.flickr.com

28 June, 2007

2 Inches of Tan

Yesterday, the girl I sit next to at choir had just come from spray tanning. She's light-skinned for a Puerto Rican, and prefers to not be called Snow White by her friends and family. So she spray tans. We were joking about me going in looking like me and coming out looking her color. Or orange. I told her I was wondering what they'd say if I walked in and said "make me look like normal people look before you spray them."

So she whips out a bottle of tanning lotion (for missed spots) and puts a dollop on my arm. I wiped it pretty thin, and it completely disappeared in my skin. No color whatsoever. So imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning with a tan patch on my arm!

Can you see it? I know the picture is dark and fuzzy, but there's a pretty clear line there at the top. Amazingly enough, it's not orange. (yeah, it does look a little orange in the picture) It's impossibly dark, and I can't imagine actually being that color, but it's definitely not orange.

Perhaps I'll explore the possibility of artificially changing my skin tone. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Janette said...

I did the fake tan thing while working at the golf club (much easier than being constantly ridiculed by tan, athletic people). It is possible to find a natural looking color that doesn't go orange. I'm in the same boat as you are, after fake tanning I ended up looking not tan but like "normal" people.

Anonymous said...

I've only seen two in my life that I knew to be spray-ons, and I thought they were both beautiful! I always wanted to try it myself ... I wish you WOULD!