flickr

www.flickr.com

20 June, 2007

Fun With Chimes

I bought a really silly impulse item yesterday at the froo froo Millenia Mall: a wind chime alarm clock!

See, I love wind chimes, and thought it would be most pleasant to be woken up by the pleasant tinkle-tinkle (not to be confused with pee pee) of wind chimes rather than by the beep-beep of an alarm clock.
And I did wake up to that pleasant chiming... about 8,000 times all night long. It seems that the ceiling fan also counts as "wind." But they didn't chime constantly. I don't know if the A/C kicking in changed the air flow of the room, or if it was just me breathing in that general direction, but the darn things kept waking me up!
On the bright side, the actual alarm did wake me up at the correct time, and I even managed to snooze it (5 minute snooze... what is THAT?) and then turn the alarm off to get in the shower. Go me!
Sadly, I think the wind chimes are driving Scott a little batty and I may end up just moving the clock to the living room and setting it to chime every hour - like a tiny digital grandfather clock. We'll see how it works out.
But why am I using the alarm at all? It's my day off! Well, that would be because I scheduled myself a dentist appointment at 11 to look at yet another aching tooth (which may be a repeat of an old aching tooth... I'm not really sure). The fun just never stops!

2 comments:

Janette said...

That's pretty neat!

I've never understood the 5 minute snooze. That's not a snooze, that's 5 minutes of anxiety waiting for the alarm to go off again.

:: bragging now :: My alarm clock has a 15 minute snooze!!! It's just a tiny little travel alarm clock from WalMart but it has the longest snooze I've ever seen on a clock. I've replaced it about 3 times over the years and if they ever stop carrying it I'll cry!

Anonymous said...

All my digital clocks have 9 minute snoozes ... so I just assumed that was the universal snooze lenght! I had no idea there was a CHOICE! But since I need 5 snoozes to really get up, a 5 minute snooze would save me a lot of time!

How's your tooth?