flickr

www.flickr.com

29 June, 2007

Yesterday

Yesterday was one of those days I was pretty much dreading before it started. Cat was out of town, and we had been bird/rat/snake/fish sitting since Tuesday. This means I had to drive 1/2 hour to her house before work, go to work for (only) 8 hours, and then go to choir practice for another 3 1/2 hours. I left home at 8:40 am and didn't get home until 11:00 pm. And then did I have the common sense to go to sleep? Not quite - check out the time stamp on the previous entry! So here's a "fascinating" look at yesterday's time line:

7:30 - wake up to pleasant wind chime alarm clock, hit snooze
8:05 - wake up to no sound, realize I turned off the alarm instead of snoozing it, take fast shower
8:40 - after packing lunch (mmm...KFC left-overs) and eating breakfast, leave the house
9:17 - arrive at Cat's, two minutes after I was supposed to have left Cat's to get to work in a timely manner. take bird out of cage for a whopping 5 minutes of quality time. she rides along on my shoulder while I change her food and water, feed the fish, and check to make sure the rats are still alive (no time to feed them - but there's enough food in the bowl to last the day)
9:22 - bird doesn't want to go back in the cage yet. it's hard to grab her when she hides directly in the middle of your back where you can't reach her! put bird back in cage, run to bathroom to check mirror for poop on new shirt.
9:23-9:58 - drive to work, mostly uneventful because I couldn't speed due to the two lumbering dump trucks ahead of me
9:59 - pull into the parking lot at work. well, at least I made it to the property on time!
10:05 - 11:30 - catch up on e-mails sent by various chefs and managers during my weekend, clean up messes left by co-workers (literal and figurative - eww, whose coffee rings were on my desk???)
11:30 - 12:15 - make some confirmation calls, realize that cereal bar for breakfast wasn't very filling
12:15 - 12:30 - gobble up the "entree" portion of my packed lunch: 2 random pieces of KFC, some mashed potatoes, and some mac n cheese
12:30 - 5:00 - normal work things - more phone calls, print menus for 1st seating, show off my new "birth mark" to some of the servers
5:00 - 5:15 - finish lunch, saving the bag of Chips Ahoy for break during rehearsal.
5:15 - 6:30 - do most of my normal post-6:30 tasks so that the girl who is covering for me won't have too much to do. (and so that everything would be done my way)
6:30 - 6:50 - drive to rehearsal, call Scott to say hi, call Cat to tell her all her animals were still alive as of that morning
7:00 - 10:30 - rehearsal kicks my ass. did you know the movie Superman has a love theme? do you know why you didn't know that? because it's booooring. and I, as a soprano 1, am good only at singing the melody and singing high. ooh's and ahh's with no place in the music are really hard for me. on the bright side, we started learning Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious last night. We're doing the Broadway version of the song, which actually involves spelling the word set to music. It's insane! (in a good way)
10:30 - 11:00 - drive home with stereo turned up loud to keep me awake
11:00 - 12:00 - play on computer, listen to Daily Show/Colbert Report, wait for Scott to get home
12:00 - Scott gets home, and I am ready for bed! Just then I realize that Wednesday's episode of Top Chef (which I missed at rehearsal) is starting.
12:00 - 1:00 - watch Top Chef laying in bed. bye bye Micah!
1:02 - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Today I'm back to waking up at 9, leaving for work at 11 am, and getting home at 11 pm. Thank goodness for small favors!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually remember the love theme! It's when Lois flies with him for the first time! I kinda remember it being a pretty song.