flickr

www.flickr.com

13 June, 2007

Stretching

I had a bit of trouble with this week's Monday Photo Shoot:

Capture something in flight. Birds, insects, planes, bats, whatever -- if it's getting around in the skies, it's fair game for this photo shoot.

We went to Sea World yesterday with Mike and Reyna and their 3.6 children (#4 is due in another 2 months), and I had every intention of catching a great Shamu-in-the-air picture for the MPS. If not Shamu, then one of the lame flying people in the new dolphin show. Sadly, due to our not hitting any of the shows at the right time and our leaving early in the afternoon when really horrible weather was about to rip through the area, we didn't see either show. So instead of a giant mammal flying through the air, I present a giant fish "flying" above my head...


If it's above me, it must be flying. Right? And now I shall present some irony, in the form of non-flying birds:

...and just in case any of you out there were thinking about accusing me of cheating on this MPS, here's an old Shamu picture from our last trip to Sea World in 2005. This one DEFINITELY shows an orca in flight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just gotta love a penguin pic. nice shots. B.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/oddb0dkins/WaffleandWhinge/#Entry1433

Janette said...

"If it's above me, it must be flying. Right?"

Tew-tally counts just 'cause you can see it's belly!

Great shots of the penguins!