flickr

www.flickr.com

02 June, 2007

Hurricane Season '07 (Post #1)

Happy hurricane season, everyone!

May I introduce you to my new friend Barry. Tropical Storm Barry, that is.



There we were, midway through the first day of the season, when the (99% dry for the past 3 months) skies opened up and just didn't stop! This being the first significant rain, there were some traffic delays - like 30+ crashes listed at one time in our immediate area on the FHP traffic site. People really have forgotten how to drive in the rain. And I suppose all of the oil and stuff coming up from the roadways didn't help either. At any rate, it was a mess.

Of course, this is probably (hopefully) now the end of brush fire season. And hopefully the love bugs are all gone now too.

radar image from weather.com

2 comments:

Janette said...

Oh, sweet, sweet rain!!!! I was so tired of the smoke. My EYES were so tired of the smoke. Helloooo hurricane season!

Anonymous said...

What happened to letter "A"?