flickr

www.flickr.com

21 June, 2007

A Jamie Thing

I'm sure everyone out there has things happen to them and they just think, "this could only happen to me!" Right? I'm not the only one, am I? Anyway, this is one example of something I'm sure must have happened to someone else, but I just can't imagine it.

I got a blister on my foot from walking around the mall the other day. I was wearing my green sparkly flip flops, which I don't recall having issues with before, but I haven't worn them for a while. Surprisingly, I managed to catch the blister when it was the size of a pea (or "freaking huge!") and still hadn't popped. Scott had band aids in his car and I was back in business.

Yesterday we were running out the door to get to the dentist and I grabbed one of those little circle band aids and slapped it over my still-intact blister. Fast forward past the trip to the dentist (which took all of 10 minutes), past the trip to Walgreens (for antibiotics - a last-ditch effort to not crack open my tooth), and past lunch at the pizza place (mmm...calzone...). We got back into the car and I discovered the crisis forming on my foot.

The band aid had repositioned itself and the adhesive was now covering the blister. All of it. And it was stuck!

Well, in the process of cutting off all of the bandage that wasn't stuck to my tender skin, I ended up popping the blister. Damn. And since the blister popped, I was no longer able to stick to my original plan of soaking the foot in soapy water. So instead, I spent a half hour continuously wiping the opposite edge of the band aid with a wet and soapy paper towel. Eventually I got all of it off. And it's already starting to heal (but still ugly and tender). I guess I'll be sticking with regular band aids for the duration of this process.

Oh well... anyone want a pair of green sparkly flip flops?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goal is to have shoes someday that are as easy to put on as flip flops, as supportive and comfortable as running shoes, amazingly sexy, and dressy enough for office or formal wear!