flickr

www.flickr.com

30 March, 2006

Disappointed by Wal Mart

Last night, Scott and I went to buy the TV. He has been looking forward to this moment for... umm... 10 years or so. We had scouted out a model on a previous trip and knew which one we wanted. When we got to the electronics department, we found the tv, but couldn't find any blue-vested wonders to find us one in the box. When we finally got someone (which would be after the lady who sells cell phones said to me, "you need someone in electronics." sorry - didn't realize cell phone technology wasn't electronic!), he looked around in the front, then went to the back and came back out empty-handed. Our TV was out of stock.

Scott asked if he knew when some might be back in. "Maybe a couple of weeks" was the answer he got. So we left without a TV or a TV stand. And we won't be purchasing either from this store.

I realize it's Wal Mart, where customer service roams free like a ferile cat. I realize that Wal Mart is a zillion-dollar corporation, and that $500 probably isn't important to them one way or the other. But if I ran a store, you can bet I'd have a waiting list or a layaway plan or maybe even offer to call around to other stores in the area. I wouldn't let that money get away.

But that's just me.

1 comment:

Janette said...

I sounds like a typical Wal-mart trip to me! I do have to say that we had an excellent experience the other day. The gentleman in sports was extremely helpful. What we were after they were out of so the clerk - without being asked - picked up the phone and called around to find the product for us. I wrote a letter to the manager because it was my BEST Wal-mart experience ever.

I still hate the place and avoid it as much as possible though.