flickr

www.flickr.com

10 March, 2006

American Idol Top 12

Well, I promised that there wouldn't be another AI post until today, when the Top 12 were announced. And I'm proud to say that I correctly predicted 5 of the 6 females and 4 of the 6 males that made it to the finals!

In the girls' category, I predicted that Ayla would make it to the top 6. Well, she made it to the top 7, and then was eliminated tonight. Taking her place in the finals is Melissa McGhee, a Tampa girl who is more talented than I first thought.

On the other side, I didn't do nearly as well with the male contestants (which I predicted). Jose was voted off last week, taking my perfect record with him. I was unsure whether Will or Gedeon deserved the last spot in the top 6. Oops - both of them were ousted tonight! In their places are Bucky Covington, the goofy looking country rocker with a twin brother named Rocky, and Kevin Covais, who looks a little like Chicken Little's dorky brother and sings like a kid in a school play. Kevin really doesn't belong in the top 12, and should be voted off next week, unless the people at votefortheworst.com have their say.

As for the ultimate winner, at this point I think that the competition is Chris's to lose. The guy is amazingly talented, has an awesome stage presence, and he's kinda cute. Although I'm not sure how a married man with 2 kids is going to win the hearts of the teeny boppers with speed dial over pretty-boy Ace or one of the young girls like Paris or Katharine. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: