flickr

www.flickr.com

20 March, 2006

Spring

They say today is the first day of Spring. It's strange to live in Florida this time of year, since we've had our spring flowers for at least a month. We've got some beautiful azaleas (I think that's what they are) outside our office door, and every now and then I catch a whiff of orange blossom on the breeze.

Pretty flowers have inspired me to participate in Scalzi's Monday Photo Shoot for the first time in quite a while. He asked for signs of Spring, and boy am I delivering! Below I present Springtime in the Bahamas, as captured during our cruise two weeks ago...
photos taken on Disney's private Bahamian island, Castaway Cay, where it's always lush and beautiful.

2 comments:

Janette said...

Orange blossoms! I've been sitting out on the deck each night enjoying them so much. I wish Florida smelled like this year round. I would have to give up contacts because of the allergies but I think it would be worth it.

Dornbrau said...

Oh you are so lucky! Its too cold out my way for flowers yet. Heck, it snowed again last night!
Gorgeous pictures.