flickr

www.flickr.com

30 January, 2006

Calling All Car Repairmen!

I called the transmission place this morning and spoke with Eric. He remembered me -- "the dashboard with the missing pieces, right?"

"Yeah, but that's not why I'm calling. The car died on my way to work on Friday. And I'm guessing it's the transmission since the engine would just rev and not go anywhere like I was in neutral."

"That sounds like the transmission. Is it running now?"

(was I supposed to attempt to drive this death trap again!?!?)

"Umm....no, it's in the parking lot where I work. I had it towed there."

He's going to have his tow truck guy give me a call so that I can give him directions and set up a time to meet. So far, so good... I guess. I was very nice. Didn't yell or scream or threaten. Maybe I won't need to at all. **fingers crossed**

UPDATE (1:07): I talked to the nice tow truck driver. He said he'd meet me up at work whenever I got there - "no sense making two trips." I couldn't agree more!

2 comments:

Janette said...

Yay!!! Maybe this won't be horribly painful after all!

Fingers crossed for continued good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear the end of this story. Keep me posted, OK?