flickr

www.flickr.com

12 January, 2006

Learning to Pack

Living in a touristy area, we see some strange things driving down the road. Every day I see a family (generally in a minivan) with one of those cargo holders on the roof. On some days, I see a family with one of those cargo holders pulled over on the shoulder of the highway... with their belongings scattered 100-500 ft. behind them. Oops kids... sorry... Daddy screwed up... but don't be too angry at him... Mommy is already taking care of that!

Yesterday I pulled up at a traffic light next to (gasp!) a minivan with something hanging out of the back door...

Can you see it? Right under the license plate? Here's another shot...

I know...it's still kinda blurry. What's hanging out under the door there? A pair of tighty whities! So how does someone end up with underwear hanging out the back of their car? I don't know!

Generally when I travel, I pack my clothes inside something else...like a suitcase or duffel bag. Even when I was spending a lot of time away from home and practically living out of my car, my undies were always in an overnight bag. Why? Because I would die of embarrassment if I got to my destination and realized that thousands of other drivers had seen my business hanging out of the back of my car! (or worse...posted a picture of the incident on the internet!)

No comments: