flickr

www.flickr.com

15 January, 2006

Other People's Works

I worked a total of 4 hours of overtime at the end of my shifts the last few days. This overtime also comes on the heels of three v e r y stressful days where anything that could go wrong has, some managers have disappeared for hours at a time, some have blamed us for mistakes that were made by other managers, and even without the finger-pointing, the work (you know what they pay me for as opposed to the bulls**t) has been stressful enough.

Needless to say, I'm a little grouchy. And I have no amusing anecdotes from work. But I have been seeing some amusing things elsewhere. So today I'm just pirating other people's stuff.
  • "Apathy -- If we don't take care of the customer, maybe they'll stop bugging us." This poster comes complete with a picture of a telephone covered in cobwebs. It's a parody of those motivational posters you always see in offices. There's a bunch of other good ones, and a 2006 calendar, at despair.com. (courtesy of Patrick's Place)
  • There's a blog over there ---> on the right side of my screen called PostSecret. The basic jist is that people write their secrets on a postcard (thus the name) and mail them in for all the world to see. I guess it's therapeutic. It also makes for good reading. This one could quite possibly be my favorite of all time!
  • The Fat Man is in Illinois now. I thought it would be cool to walk across the country...until I saw some pictures of his feet. Now I'm over it!

Well, I'm off to eat my lunch. I only hope that our grave shift person comes in... on time... tonight so that I can get home and sleep for more than seven hours. Ironic, dontcha think, that all of this overtime comes on nights when I have to babysit the next day.

1 comment:

Janette said...

Despair was fun and I always get stuck at Post Secret but I spent hours at The Fat Man link!

I always thought walking across country would be really cool, it never occured to me that it would be so painful...and dirty! It sounds like he's learning a lot about himself and others though. Great read, thanks for the tip.