flickr

www.flickr.com

06 January, 2006

Let's Reunite in Orlando!

Have I whined recently about how disappointed I am over the plans made for my high school's 10-year reunion? Tough... I'm going to do it again! And this time I'm making a list of things about the reunion that annoy me:
  • The reunion is on November 24, which is Thanksgiving weekend. Not only could I never get the time off from work (darn that 24/7/365 hospitality industry!), but the airfare that time of year is obscene. And if I got the time off, how could I ever justify not spending it with family?
  • Tickets are $83/person. PROM tickets were $50/each, and I thought that was ridiculous, even for the "most special night" of our young lives. What does $166/couple get you? I'm so glad you asked! "Ticket price includes meal, nationwide alumni search, decorations, facility rental, staff, liability insurance, DJ, picture nametags, etc." Umm...our school has an alumni web board that has about 2/3 of our class registered. I would think that anyone who wanted to be found could be found! And unless those picture nametags are something other than the generic inkjet-printed ones that they use at conventions, they are hardly worth mention as part of the admission price!
  • The "invitation," which was sent by a company called Reunion Makers (as opposed to an extremely busy alum on a nonexistant reunion committee), is nothing more than a green piece of standard 8 1/2" by 11" paper. I'm sure that was included in the $83 also. I still have my prom invitation in a box somewhere. This invitation will be in the trash before sunrise.
  • The $83 doesn't even include beverages. A cash bar will be available throughout the event. Of course, considering some of the drunks in my high school, I guess this was a good decision.

Well, I guess that's enough whining... for now. I reserve the right to revisit this topic at least once a month for the rest of 2006. In the meantime, I invite any and all of my high school friends to reunite with me in Orlando... any time... there's lots to see and do... and I won't even charge you $83!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's better than us! stupid reunion makers cancelled our event 3 days before the event and took our money and RAN! i'm so mad.