flickr

www.flickr.com

10 January, 2006

What happened in YOUR neighborhood today?

There is a nine-hours-and-counting bank robbery/hostage situation about 5 miles from where I live. This put a crimp in our plans for the day, as we had to drive about 20 miles out of the way to go play mini golf with Dave. It's ok though - we made it out to Fantasia Gardens. Dave won by 10 strokes. We had a lot of laughs... and Chinese food for lunch.

Speaking of food, guess what I made for breakfast this morning. That's right -- Cinderella waffles! I know... you're thrilled for me. Actually, I need to get some cornstarch. Of all the recipes I've found, the ones with cornstarch are the ones that claim crispness. These come out crispy, but then turn chewy within 10 minutes.

So...the Cinderella waffler works pretty well. It's got this mold on the bottom, and the top makes pockets like a regular belgian waffle. So I told Scott that these are mullet waffles -- business on the front, party on the back. He wasn't quite as amused as I was.

I'm back at work tomorrow. We have a meeting with our operations manager, so they changed my days off. Luckily for me, they also gave me an earlier shift. So I'm 15:00 - 23:30. I can handle that. Home by midnight...assuming they get those two people out of the bank by then! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

No comments: