flickr

www.flickr.com

04 January, 2006

Exhaustion

Triple overtime? Who plays a bowl game that lasts into triple overtime? So in case you missed it, Penn State beat Florida State in triple overtime in the Orange Bowl. It was the battle of the insufficient kickers, and ultimately Penn State's kicker got lucky and scored. Of course, there would've been no OT in the first place if FSU's kicker hadn't missed an extra point... or if FSU hadn't given 2 points to Penn State in the form of a safety... or if Penn State's kicker hadn't missed an end-of-regulation FG attempt.

If I leave the house tomorrow, I'll be wearing my Penn State t-shirt with pride.
Note to self: leave house!!!

Anyway, it was a really tight game (obviously), and it lasted for 5 hours. The crazy face-and-body-painted kids in the stands had paint dripping off of them. The bandies all looked sick of the songs. The players really looked like the least tired people in the stadium. I know they'll probably all be sore tomorrow. And although they barely eaked out a win against #22, I'm so glad that they did. Otherwise, it would be hard to show my face at work on Thursday.

Go State!!!

No comments: