flickr

www.flickr.com

28 January, 2006

Not Cool!

Yesterday my car died on the side of a road without a shoulder. Luckily for me, the car died on Disney property and they have a free tow service. So now my car is safe at the back of the parking lot at work... until the nice people from the transmission place come to pick it up and repair it free of charge. Well, I haven't spoken to the nice people from the transmission place yet, but if they don't come and repair it free of charge, we're going to have a serious problem.

Here's where I think I'm going to get screwed over: there is a 1 year warranty on parts and labor on what they fixed the first time. I anticipate that they are going to tell me that whatever just broke wasn't part of what they repaired. But really, it's only been a month. Wouldn't it be logical to assume they looked at the entire transmission for signs of wear and parts that were about to break? (Yes, I know I just used 'logical' and 'assume' in the same sentence to describe the behavior of these obviously irresponsible technicians.)

Honestly, I know practically nothing about cars. But I know that when the car starts downshifting while I'm going 50, and ultimately refuses to do anything more than rev the engine like I'm in neutral, that's a transmission problem. And considering I just spent almost $2000 to rebuild my transmission, I shouldn't be having *any* transmission problems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie! That's terrible! NOW what?

Jamie the ParkHopper said...

NOW Scott and I carpool. Tomorrow, I call and yell at the transmission guys. They tow the car (for free) and fix the car (for free) ASAP or I go to the BBB.