flickr

www.flickr.com

31 January, 2006

CHICKEN beLITTLEd

The sky has fallen. Chicken Little, which I absolutely loved, was snubbed by the AMPAS and did not receive a nomination for Best Animated Feature. The only three films nominated were Howl's Moving Castle, Corpse Bride, and Wallace & Gromit.

I think I'm most disappointed about Wallace & Gromit. Sure, I didn't see it, but I never enjoyed any of their shorts. Never trust a genius dog that doesn't speak. That's just wrong.

I acknowledge that I never see the movies that get nominated for major Oscars in the theater. I haven't seen any of the Best Picture nominees, although I wanted to see Crash and Good Night and Good Luck. I'm going to load my NetFlix queue with the nominees that are out on DVD so that I can be more informed before making my (historically 75% wrong) predictions.

Of the movies that I did see, Memoirs of a Geisha was nominated for the most awards with five. Chronicles of Narnia was nominated for four awards, including Visual Effects (Lord help the Academy if it gets beaten for that one by War of the Worlds!!). Batman Begins, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Harry Potter, Star Wars Episode III, and Corpse Bride were each nominated for one.

I'm sure you'll have to suffer through many more Oscar posts in the next month. So I guess that's it for now. I'm going to go sulk some more about Chicken Little. Poor kid!

No comments: