flickr

www.flickr.com

31 January, 2006

'Hanging' Aroung

I hung a clock in our office tonight.

My manager had bought a wall clock for 40% off and wanted to hang it where she could see it easily. Here's the tricky parts though: Officially, nothing is to be hung on the walls by anyone other than a professional (ok...union) workman. And our office is glass on two walls (thus the name "bubble"). And I'm afraid of heights. I got nominated for the job because I was the only one taller than 5'5".

The people outside the bubble got to watch me wobble up on a step stool while three other people stood and watched. Just like that tortilla chip commercial! It took three tries with hammer and different nails to find the perfect spot for the clock (don't blame me -- I ASKED if the thing was centered!). And every time I hammered, my manager would say "shhh!" By the time I was done, we had laughed so hard my stomach ached. I really thought I was going to puke!

So anyway, nothing really happened at work tonight. There's a new clock hanging up in the bubble, but no one knows where it came from. Strange, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to report you to the union!