flickr

www.flickr.com

16 January, 2006

Why Are You Calling Me?!?

So...I wrote this post last night when I got home. OK, this morning at around 3:00. But instead of hitting the "publish" button, I hit the little red X in the corner of the window. Poof! A half hour of writing vanished. Oh well. Anyway, it's never as good when I re-write, but I'm going to try anyway. Last night I had a handful of dooozy calls, and I thought I'd share them.
  • A man called one of our operators. There was a name-the-song contest on his local radio station, and he couldn't remember the name of the song. So he hummed it to the operator. She didn't know the song either. He probably didn't win the contest.
  • In the first half hour of my shift, I got a ranting and screaming nutjob on the line. Her issue? Glad you asked! Apparently she lives in California and she heard a story on her local news about some emergency five-day healthcare plan that the governed created. She was wigging at me because there wasn't any information on her local news stations website and she was very offended that I suggested she look on the state government website instead. She wanted my supervisor. She got a voicemail recording. And surprisingly enough, she didn't call back!
  • A tour guide for a group of 30 people called last night around 11:30 for wake-up calls for her group. Generally with a list that long, they have to go to the front desk, and then the front desk faxes the wake-ups to us to be inputted. She had a kid asleep in the room and didn't want to leave, but had a laptop. So I let her e-mail the list to me. She sent me the list of rooms, but neglected to write what time the wake-ups were for. I didn't bother writing down her room number, so I had to call the cell phone number on her e-mail sig. file to ask what time she actually wanted to wake up. She was a little sheepish after that.

Today is a Holiday Pay day. Really, that's the only reason I went to work yesterday. I'm glad I did though - it reminded me that not every day is awful, and that you have to get through the bad ones and get back up on the horse so that you can savor the good ones.

1 comment:

Janette said...

I don't know what to say. Jon got holiday time pay as well. Bad vs good. Odd.