flickr

www.flickr.com

11 January, 2006

Hair-Raising Photos

Monday Photo Shoot: Photograph a body part. Tell us something interesting about that body part.

I've mentioned before that I'm in the process of growing my hair out into a 10" ponytail so that I can chop it off and donate it to Locks of Love. I believe I'm close to the end of this journey (well, within 6 months). The hair at my temples is now 14" long, and this ponytail comes to almost 11". Of course, if I chopped of this particular ponytail, I'd have hair WAY shorter than I want to take it. But on the other side, after having my hair this long, I'm looking forward to having it much much shorter some day soon.

Bonus: there are some pretty nice salons in the Orlando area that will cut & style your hair for free if you're donating it. I have less anxiety about having a short cut if it's being cut by someone who has been out of beauty school for more than a month!

1 comment:

Janette said...

Oh poop! Why didn't I think about this? I just chopped off about 6 inches this week. That was stupid!

I'm amazed at how long your hair has gotten. When is the last time we saw each other?

Well anyway, good for you. It's a great goal!