flickr

www.flickr.com

05 January, 2006

What do Jon Stewart and the Oscars have in common?

Jon Stewart hosts my favorite daily non-fiction TV show. The Oscars is my favorite annual TV show. And this year they are combined! Jon Stewart is set to host the Oscars this year!!!


"As a performer, I'm truly honored to be hosting the show," Stewart said, then joked: "Although, as an avid watcher of the Oscars, I can't help but be a little disappointed with the choice. It appears to be another sad attempt to smoke out Billy Crystal."

Really, there are barely words to express how excited I am about this. As soon as I saw the AOL News headline "Snarky Comedian to Host Oscars," I knew it had to be him. And just think: it has been noted that Stewart and some of The Daily Show's writing staff will be writing his material, so maybe next year, he'll win another two Emmys for TDS, and one for the Oscars!

This year's Oscar telecast will be on March 5. Since my birthday is on the 3rd, we're going to try to make a long celebratory weekend out of it.

No comments: