flickr

www.flickr.com

02 January, 2006

Rose Parade

I'm starting to get the impression that WFTV in Orlando is wanting to end its affiliation with ABC. They declined to show the WDW Christmas Parade this year, opting instead to air it on their independent "sister station" at 5pm Christmas evening. And this morning I woke up to watch the Rose Parade, and I was rather confused because all of the floats were covered with oranges. Yep - they're showing the Citrus Parade (or Capital One Parade...I don't even know what they call it now that it's no longer the Citrus Bowl). And so I am forced to watch the Rose Parade on NBC, which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't being hosted by Al Roker.

Apparently I wouldn't be watching the parade at all if Scott were home. The BAMA game (otherwise known as the Cotton Ball...erm Bowl) is on right now at Alabama is actually winning 7-3. And on the subject of football, the Orange Bowl kicks off tomorrow night at 8pm. Any guesses where I'll be? It's Penn State vs Florida State (which roughly translates to me vs my co-workers) -- the battle of the old man coaches -- and Penn State better pull off a great one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Bama, Roll Tide! Sorry, had to throw that in there

Janette said...

What he said!

I love watching the Rose parade but I ended up not watching this year. It was too irritating trying to see the floats through the rain streaked camera lenses. Didn't anybody have an umbrella for the camera men?

Anonymous said...

Go Lions! Roll blue tide!