flickr

www.flickr.com

22 January, 2006

Worst Transition Ever!

Mix 105.1 is having a 90's theme weekend right now (they call it the 90's Class Reunion). And since I have fond memories of many 90's songs, I've been tuned to them almost exclusively. I'm rather glad, since if I was listening to one of my four other pre-sets, I may have missed the worst radio transition ever:

In 1990, Nelson Mandela was released after 27 years of being a political prisoner. Now here's Nelson with 'Love and Affection.'


Honestly, using a Nobel Peace Prize winner to transition to the long-haired twin rocker sons of Ricky Nelson is just... tacky. And yet I'm sure that the DJ, whoever she is, was so proud of the clever tie-in she used.

3 comments:

Janette said...

Ooh, that is bad. Good thing it wasn't an eighties theme. She may have tried this: "Over 2,000 years ago Madonna gave birth to Our Lord. Now here's that 1980's hit 'Like A Virgin' by another Madonna".

::snark:: Actually that one is really tacky but it made me giggle.

Jamie the ParkHopper said...

DUDE! I was trying to come up with something that clever/tacky, but kept coming up with dead ends. Really, with names like Third Eye Blind or Jefferson Starship, you'd think I could have made something up! Oh well... kudos to you for filling in for my lack of wit!

Anonymous said...

Janette! You win!