flickr

www.flickr.com

18 February, 2006

Best Year Ever?

I'm thinking about starting a new blog. Yeah - just what I needed, right? But this one might just be great for me. I think I need to create a new blog called Best Year Ever, and post something positive every day.

*gag* right?

My theory is that when I post negative things, I look back on them and remember negative things. What I write here is pretty much all I'm going to remember in a year or five or ten about my day to day life, so why not record only positive things? Plus, it would be quite a powerful exercise in positive thinking.

For example, if I were writing about the 17th of February, instead of starting out with "Mr. Undependable called in again today. We were short-handed and, as always, the overtime hog who doesn't actually like to *work* for her time-and-a-half stayed to 'help out,'" I would write, "We had a call-in tonight. Luckily, we had plenty of overtime help. Plus, I prefer staying busy... it makes the night go by so much faster!"

The truth, as always, lies somewhere in the middle.

Anyway, I'm mulling this one over. Any thoughts? I figured I would start it after my birthday... with back-dated posts that start on my birthday. (why? the cruise will be a completely internet-free vacation. we are cutting ourselves off from the world. unless there's an emergency, in which case you should feel free to call and pay the $15/minute phone bill!)

Oh yes, and on a completely unrelated note, we have named the little furball. Her name is Zoe Pig. Scott and I came up with Zoe separately within 12 hours of eachother, and it's really the first name we've agreed upon. I, however, keep calling her Piggy, so I decided to keep Pig as her middle name. I showed some of my co-workers her picture and told them, "she's a hamster now, but she'll grow up into a guinea pig." Of course, another girl I work with just had a baby and named her Zoey... so we're not going to tell her my rodent and her firstborn share the same name.

2 comments:

Janette said...

I love the name, it's perfect! See if you wait long enough they always name themselves.

I like the idea for the blog. Most blogs I read, political or personal, usually have far more negetive posts than positive. It would be a refreshing change in any life to focus on the positive and it would be fun for the rest of us to follow along.

Who knows, you might start a trend!

Anonymous said...

Maybe bad things shouldn't be said about your co-workers because sometimes people accidently find these blogs!