flickr

www.flickr.com

03 February, 2006

Stormy Weather

I woke up to a tremendous crash of thunder this morning - the kind that sets off car alarms. And then I went back to sleep. The pattern continued until noon when I finally got up, took some Tylenol for my monster headache, and got a bowl of granola to stop the Tylenol from eating my stomach lining.

Good morning!

It would be a great day to stay and home under a big comforter and watch movies. It's still all gray and rainy, chilly, and there's still the occasional thunder. Of course, I will have to get out and drive in this nastiness in a couple of hours. Have I mentioned that getting my brakes replaced is on the agenda for the weekend? It is time.

As you may have guessed, I have my car back. And it's driving ok. Yeah, just ok. It occasionally revs a little more than I'd like between gears, and I still plan to take it to AAMCO to have them tell me what's wrong with it that the other guys can't seem to figure out. But the brakes have to come first.

And the only other thing of note I'd like to mention is that we almost had to evacuate our office building last night. We had some third-rate carpet cleaners come in to deep clean, and they were using super-concentrated chemicals. And I work with a bunch of cry-babies. One girl puked. The rest had watery eyes, sore throats, and so on. So they had the fire department come with the air quality meter and tell us we were perfectly safe. Before they got there, I actually pulled the emergency preparedness tote box out of storage and started going over the checklist. The two managers on duty were the ones who generally expect the help desk to do their jobs on a *good* day, and I was determined to be prepared.

I think it's time to go enjoy the rainy day.

No comments: