flickr

www.flickr.com

08 February, 2006

"The Warranty is Voided"

Excuse me? Did you say "voided?"

"Because the damage to the transmission was water damage, the warranty is voided. But I'm not going to charge you for the labor. And the parts shouldn't be too much. I'm hoping it's just the clutches that have gotten flaked away."

So I asked the burning question. What are the chances that you guys cracked the radiator when you put in my transmission? After all, there was no water in the transmission the first time I brought it in. And you guys messed up the interior of my car and weren't able to fix it.

And he said something that shocked me - not because I didn't believe it, but because I didn't think they would ever admit it: "We didn't do anything to the inside of your car. That must've been done by the kids who got into your car when it was out in the lot."

So he said when they pull the transmission out (today), they'll look at the radiator and see if it's cracked on the outside. If it is, "of course" the repairs will be on them. How freakin' noble!

Let's just hope this nightmare is almost over. He said he should have my baby back to me by Friday, which would be great since Scott is working days next week and that would've been a real mess.

So...straw poll... anyone out there think I should:
a) attempt to file a police report regarding the theft from and vandalism of my car sometime between October and December?
b) contact the BBB no matter what they make me pay this time around?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say B..most definatly B..oh yeah B....hey BBB see B is a good choice. :D

Janette said...

Well you know I vote for B. But then you also know that I'm a vindictive bitch who would love nothing more than to see these jerks pay for all the money they've scammed you for and all the grief that they've caused you.

I'd also attempt A just so there's a record of that.

I'd also check to see if these guys are mentioned on any local message boards and leave a detailed message of about your experience. Consider it doing your part to warn any of their other potential customers/victims.

Anonymous said...

do a and b
especially b