flickr

www.flickr.com

04 February, 2006

The Quest for Pumpernickel

this is a copy of a post that Blogger ate. Let's try it again, shall we?


I signed up to bring spinach dip in a bread bowl to our Super Bowl party at work tomorrow. And today I actually remembered that fact so that I could make it today and let it mellow overnight. The dip is complete...and when I licked the fork, it tasted quite nice. I still need to find one crucial ingredient -- the bread bowl. I prefer pumpernickel, but if I go to Publix and they don't have any loaves that aren't pre-sliced, then I'll go with a sourdough-type.

....or I'll crack into the back-up box of Triscuits that I bought when I bought the other dip ingredients.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How was the dip? Yummy, I bet ... and what kind of bread did you end up with?

Jamie the ParkHopper said...

pumpernickel - in a round loaf - it was perfect!

although the people I work with obviously liked the dip more than the bread. by the time I went to lunch, there was a bread bowl so empty it looked like my cats had licked it clean!

next time, I'll stick to the triscuits!