flickr

www.flickr.com

15 February, 2006

Buyer's Remorse

OK, so I did some things without really thinking them through all the way.

It turns out that guinea pigs are social, and are happiest in pairs. I think (Milli/Uma/Sophie) is going to just have to be content as an only child for the moment though. She seems to be adjusting ok to her new home. She hasn't met the cats... and I think that can wait until she's more settled in.

Also, the "everything included" starter kit that I bought was missing the WATER BOTTLE of all things, and I had to make an emergency run to Wal Mart to buy one.

She and I are bonding. Or she's really cold in our apartment and sitting with me is the lesser of two evils. Or she's too afraid to try to get away from me. At any rate, she sat in my lap for over an hour while I watched TV. I'd pet her, she'd coo, and my heart would just melt! And when it was time for dinner, she climbed up my shirt trying to stay with me. She also pooped on me. She pooped a lot today!

And as for the cruise, I can't seem to find my birth certificate. And I'm not 100% sure I can get a copy within 15 days. I think the birth certificate is with the marriage certificates. If only I could remember where they were... Let's guess what Jamie will be rummaging for after she gets some sleep.

...if she gets some sleep.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some baby-at-home pictures to show off. :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still like Milli!

I'm glad you like her, and the poop is good preparation for human motherhood!

HEY JAME! Given that you're into these measurement names, it's only logical that your babies call me Gram! LOL There! It's settled!

Janette said...

Hmm, never had a guinea pig ... here's hoping that the poo is pellet-like (much like what is produced by rabbits).

Jamie the ParkHopper said...

yes, the poop is very pellet-like, and not at all gross. Cleaning crusted-on diarrhea off of little children is probably better practice for human motherhood. Luckily I've done that too!