flickr

www.flickr.com

15 February, 2006

Crisis Averted

I found my birth certificate folded inside a copy of our marriage license in a "hurricane proof" rubbermaid box in the bottom of our bedroom closet. I couldn't look there last night because Scott was already asleep. It was actually a pretty logical place to look - much more logical than the glove compartment of my car (which is where my baptism certificate is!).

On the bright side, while tearing apart the living room last night, I found a book I think I got for my birthday last year from Shirley or Janette. It looks amusing... can't figure out why I never read it... probably because it was still in the gift bag it came in. I also came across two expired Disney tickets, the memory card for my camera, and a handful of wedding cards.

Our storage bins really need to be cleaned out!

On the bright side, I think I can start packing now... or at least start planning.

4 comments:

Janette said...

Hmm, what's the name of it? I remember giving you book AT Christmas but stressed that it WASN'T a Christmas present (being used and all). I had read it, found it amusing and thought you would enjoy it so I passed it on. For the life of me I can't remember what it was. All day I pictured Einstein on the front of it but it just occured to me that he was on the cover of the journal you gave me, so that's not it.

Seriously, I can't remember the name of the book. Tell me, it's driving me nuts!

Gram of 3 said...

YAAAAAAAA! You're going to go bye bye's on the boat! Woo HOOOO

The ParkHopper said...

It's called the Broke Diaries, and reads exactly like a blog. So... umm... I'm almost done if you want it back... sorry I held it hostage for so long!!

Janette said...

Ahh yes, I remember it now ~ VERY FUNNY!

Nope, I don't need it back. Pass it on to a broke (or formerly broke) friend who might relate to it as much as I did.