flickr

www.flickr.com

25 February, 2006

Does This Mean I Have Bad Taste?

Columbia House sent me an offer I couldn't pass up: buy the two remaining selections I need to satisfy my commitment and get two free, plus free shipping. The movies that satisfy your commitment have to be $19.95 or above. That sounds like a lot, but if you play Columbia House right, it ends up being a great deal. You just need to buy when they do buy one get one free sales, or buy one get the rest of the order at half price sales. These add up.

but I digress

I went on the site and couldn't think of any modern movies I wanted, other than Rent. And since I recently discovered Scott's love for classic musicals (Guys & Dolls has been on AMC a lot recently. Scott likes the music, I like the younger hotter Marlon Brando!) I figured I would look through the musicals and see if there were any I wanted to own. And I found three, right off the bat -- Guys & Dolls, Singin' in the Rain, and Little Shop of Horrors. Unfortunately, all three were only $14.95. This didn't really help me with my commitment. So I searched through romance... suspense... family... and none of the movies I really wanted were $19.95. Some were only $9.95! Really - do I just have bad taste in movies or what!?!?

I ended up buying Rent and Goonies (which I had just gotten from NetFlix - it has a ton of special features), and got Singin' in the Rain and Little Shop of Horrors for free. And I am no longer beholden to Columbia House. Time to cancel my membership and then sign back up!

No comments: