flickr

www.flickr.com

18 February, 2006

A Package!

Last night, we came home to a UPS package slip on the door. Neither of us had bought anything online, and were really curious about what it could be. So Scott went down to the rental office this morning and picked it up -- it was our Cruise documents!

Why is this exciting? Because usually when you book the super-cheap rates, they don't tell you your stateroom in advance, and they make you print off your documents online (which I had already done... guess I can shred them!). So imagine my surprise when, for the first time, I got the actual cruise booklet, complete with luggage tags that show our room assignment!

The good news: we're on the 6th deck. This means we're above and below staterooms. Last time I went on a cruise with my mom, we were below the nightclub and stayed up at night playing Name That Tune through the ceiling.

The bad news: we're in a wheelchair accessible stateroom. This generally means there's a shower, but no bathtub. The only other real difference is that things are a little lower - towel bars, peep hole, etc - to accommodate someone in a wheelchair.

The good news about the wheelchair accessible stateroom: it's bigger! I can't tell from the little floorplan of the ship whether it's just the bathroom that's bigger, or whether it's the rest of the room as well. But it's definitely larger than the standard stateroom.

I'm so excited... I just can't wait to get onboard!

1 comment:

Janette said...

Bigger is always better! Congratulations!