flickr

www.flickr.com

27 February, 2006

Never Nuke a Donut

Today I realized once again where I get my blonde-ness from -- my mom.

Scott bought a box of chocolate iced, cream filled Krispy Kreme donuts from Publix. Of course, we all know that you shouldn't buy Krispy Kremes unless you are at the Krispy Kreme location. Once they have been delivered to another store, they lose half of their taste. But I digress...

After lunch today, my mom grabbed one of these donuts out of the box, took a bite, decided it was a little stale and all it needed was a few micro-waves. So she put in the microwave (without so much as a paper towel underneath) and set the timer for 9 seconds.

Apparently 9 seconds was about 6 seconds too long.

The cream had melted and oozed out of the donut. Seeing that there was a puddle of cream under the donut, she decided that she needed to act fast - grab the donut and turn around to lean over the sink to eat it - and leave blobs of cream filling on the stove, the oven handle, and the floor before losing the rest of the filling into the sink and all over her hands. It took her longer to wash the ooey gooey mess off of herself than it took me to wipe down the microwave and stove.

Oh how I laughed!

And I shall never let her live this down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Write 500 times.

My mother is not Blog Fodder.

mamajoy said...

Oh Emm Gee!
I have absolutely no memory of this, and no memory of the above comment.
What a weird feeling!

Jamie the ParkHopper said...

I don't remember it either, but it seemed to make a big impression at the time!

...and my mother is STILL blog fodder ;)