flickr

www.flickr.com

14 February, 2006

List of Stuff

Happy Valentine's Day!
I came home from work tonight, and there were roses on our counter. Red ones. I didn't think you could actually get those in the month of February. Guess I was wrong! I went in the bedroom to kiss Scott hello, poked him, flopped on the bed, and kissed him on the cheek, but he never even twitched. That must mean these early shifts are finally starting to get to him. I guess I'll have to wait til he gets off work today to thank him.

It's a Girl!
I believe I have thus far failed to mention the new addition to our family. Since she's arriving tomorrow, and since I have pictures (already? sheesh...I must be good!), I thought now would be a good time to announce that we're getting a guinea pig.


She doesn't really have a name yet. Originally, I wanted it to be Milli because Millimeter went along so well with Miles and Kilometer, but I work with a Millie. She doesn't like me very much. So then I thought about other measurements of distance -- inch, foot, fathom, league, yard -- but none of those really match such a cute little thing. So what about a play on Milo and Kilo? There's Lilo...that's not such a bad name. Or maybe I should let Scott name her (I, of course, would still get veto power) since I named both the cats. If anyone has a suggestion, throw it out there. Like I said, she's coming home tomorrow and can't be the Nameless Wonder forever!

We're Going on a Cruise!
Wait...isn't this old news? No!!!! I got a super cut-rate discount cruise today that happens to be over my birthday - departing on the 2nd, returning early enough on the 5th to catch a nap before the Oscars. We already had the vacation time reserved, so we went for it. Of course, this means Scott's new TV is going to have to wait a few more months, but I'm so excited!!! Only 17 days!!! As of now, we still plan on taking the longer one (4 night -- the one next month is a 3 night) in December for our anniversary. My goal for the year was to get the heck out of Central Florida and by golly, we're doing it! If only I could remember where my birth certificate is...

And Finally...
Being here in Florida, not buried by 2 feet of snow, I try to not really say that it's cold. But when I left work tonight, there was a solid coating of permafrost (this was some thick frost!) over my entire car. I had to let it run with the vent on high heat, full-blast for five minutes before there was a big enough hole in the ice to see through to drive. No matter where you are, 30 degrees is cold. And when Florida gets that cold and the oranges freeze, who is going to supply the rest of the country with flu-easing orange juice? brrr

4 comments:

Janette said...

She's so cute! If you want to stick with measurements there's:

Nano
Pico
Joule

...but for some reason she makes me think of a flower. Don't know why, maybe because she looks so delicate.

How about:

Astrid
Daisy
Iris
Lily
Marigold
Pansy
Rose
Tulip
Violet

Anyway just tossing out suggestions. She is just adorable! I'm looking forward to more photos and tales of little piggy adventures.

Congrats on the cruise.

Janette said...

Sophie!

I have no idea why. Just it's hours later and her little image just popped in my head and the name Sophie.

Anonymous said...

I really like Millie the best! SCREEW the mean person who has the name!

I'm jealous about the TWO cruises! They're so fun! What a nice way to have a birthday!

Anonymous said...

She looks like a saddle shoe! Why don't you call her Our Lady of Ransom!!! LOL