flickr

www.flickr.com

22 February, 2006

Ooh...Shiny!

I have long had a love affair with sparkly shoes. In high school, I made myself a pair of "magic acting shoes" for every play I was in. They were regular canvas sneakers, painted with silver glitter fabric paint, and accented with a different color for every play. I wore them to rehearsals, and always said that they helped me remember my lines.

Also in high school, Mom bought be a pair of kick-@$$ high heels that were sparkly black. I wore them for homecoming junior year, my senior solo, and to two formals in college.

Back in 2001, my roommate Cat and I bought coordinating sparkly flip flops at Wal Mart. Hers were purple and mine were blue, and they had glitter on the straps and straw bottoms. We both got out $3 worth out of the purchases because we wore them all the time.

Today, in continuing with that long and storied tradition, I bought myself a pair of sparkly flip flops for the cruise. I wanted them in blue, but they didn't come in my size (although judging by this picture, I probably could've fit into a 7-8). The sparkles on the straps are actually tiny "crystal" flowers. And they make my feet feel sassy! Of course, my feet will feel even sassier when I find some great bright pink nail polish and paint my toenails.

8 days to go!

2 comments:

Janette said...

Do you have a Dollar Tree near you? They had sparkly flip flops today. AND really excellent summer hats in great colors and patterns. FOR $1!

Anonymous said...

maybe i can but u a pedicure on sunday